THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are two kinds of information web sites can obtain about you:
(1) Anonymous Information: Anonymous Information is aggregate data that web sites use to administer their sites. It may include such information as your browser type or your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Good-Living-Today.com may from time to time retain third parties to help us collect and aggregate Site customer information.
- IP Addresses. An IP address is unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, avoid hacking attacks on the Site’s server, and may use it to gather broad demographic information. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information, even if such information is voluntarily provided by a user.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or your telephone number. Sometimes this personal information is needed when you order a product, subscribe to our email newsletter, or when you contact us. We may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of our Site. In particular, you may be asked to provide the following information:
- User IDs and Passwords. To access certain features on our site, we may request that you create a login name and password. We will use this information to maintain your account. We may also use this information to send you announcements of new Site features, special offers and promotional materials that we think may be of interest to you.
- Email Correspondence. Scattered throughout this Site are links or forms that can be used to contact Good-Living-Today.com so you can comment, make a complaint, make suggestions and ask questions. Your email address is required on this form so we can answer your questions, and we want your name so we can address our answer in a mannerly way.
- Newsletters and Other Communications. We offer visitors to this Site the opportunity to sign up to receive newsletters or other email communications from this Site. In order to sign up for these communications, we may ask for contact information, such as name and email address. We also may offer the opportunity for you to receive mailings from our partners that we think may be of interest to you.
- Contests, Sweepstakes and Surveys. We may conduct contests, sweepstakes and surveys through this Site. We request contact information from you in connection with your participation for the purpose of conducting the promotion. Any personal information collected may be used by us as described below, and may be associated with registration information. If a visitor to this Site is a sweepstakes winner, we may post his or her name on this Site. We will notify you of this possibility when you provide your information to collect the prize.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies.
HOW WE USE GATHERED INFORMATION
The information you share with us may be used in a few ways:
(1) Anonymous Information: “Anonymous Information” is used internally for Site administration, troubleshooting and to help improve the quality of the web pages. We may share such aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics, with existing and prospective business partners and advertisers. We never connect aggregate information with Personally Identifiable Information, and none of the aggregate information we share will contain any information that identifies you individually.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: “Personally Identifiable Information” collected by Good-Living-Today.com may be used for purposes including administration of the Site, order processing, management of sweepstakes and contests, and communications with you. In accordance with standard industry practice, we may rent, exchange or sell to carefully selected third parties mailing address information and certain Personally Identifiable Information you provide us when ordering a product or when you provide such personal information through our website. At any time, you can contact Good-Living-Today.com to request that we not share your personally identifiable information with third parties as described below.
From time to time, our advertising and promotional partners may desire to use your registration and other information to call to your attention to promotions and offers they believe might interest you. If you prefer not to receive direct communications sent by our advertisers or promotional partners, you will be given an opportunity to decline before you provide us any information we might use for this purpose. If you decline at the time you provide us with information, you will not receive email or other communications sent directly by our advertisers utilizing information collected from our Site, though we may on occasion send you information on their behalf. In all cases, however, we will use your information only as permitted by law.
We also may disclose Personally Identifiable Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note that we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
We support the right of our visitors to choose. If you decide that you do not wish to receive special offers or promotional communications, you can contact us using our Support form or at the address provided below, indicating that you no longer want to receive (a) information relating to this Site; or (b) information relating to products and services provided by our business partners and affiliates.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have a right to know about the Personally Identifiable Information that Good-Living-Today.com holds about you and gathered through this Site, including the right to correct, amend or delete the information that Good-Living-Today.com has on file if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by email or postal mail at the addresses below.
This Site incorporates safeguards to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we have collected. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and database encryption. While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just “surfing”. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we use reasonable efforts to protect user information offline. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as required and only authorized individuals have access to the information you provide.
Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of utmost concern to us; however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that your email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. While we strive to protect your personal information, Good-Living-Today.com cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through this Site. Once we receive your transmission, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our internal systems. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication may be discarded or archived. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided throughout our Site.
DISCLOSURE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION THROUGH BUSINESS TRANSFERS
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire customer information. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Similarly, in the unlikely event that a portion or substantially all of Good-Living-Today.com’s assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) defines a “Child” as anyone under the age of 13. Good-Living-Today.com strictly adheres to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. In response to your written request, Good-Living-Today.com will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties.
If you would like to exercise your rights under California law, please send your written request to Good-Living-Today.com, 131 Third Ave N, Suite 200, Franklin, Tennessee 37064. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the foregoing address. Your request must include your postal address so that we may provide you with our notice and third party direct marketing opt-out form.
CONSENT AND JURISDICTION
This Site is controlled, operated and administered entirely within the United States. By using this Site, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not disclose any personal information through this Site. This Policy and the use of this Site are governed by Tennessee law. Any claim related to the Site or this Policy shall be brought in a federal or state court in Nashville, Tennessee, within one year after the claim arises. Users of the Site consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this Policy. This Policy and the notices outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party.
Good-Living-Today.com may modify this Policy at any time, at its discretion, and modifications are effective upon being posted on this Site. You are responsible for reviewing this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to it.
ACCOUNT REVISIONS, REVOKING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We welcome your questions, comments and all feedback pertaining to your privacy or any other issue with regard to this website.
At any time, you may revoke your consent, cease further use of your email address to send you updates, and direct us to delete the information you have supplied. Although it is not always possible to remove or modify such information, we will make reasonable efforts to do so. If you have given us information for one of those third parties we mentioned above and we have already passed it on, we cannot delete or change the information.
In the event that you have given us Personally Identifiable Information in the past and then have second thoughts or want to update it, you may send an email or contact us by regular mail:
Last Updated:March 27, 2014